Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My First Encounter With The Musical Instrument



At first, I didn't know how to play drums because I never saw myself becoming a drummer... for me, that time ,playing drums was one of the most difficult thing to do aside from the fact that I don't know how to play any kind of instrument. But somehow I saw that even when I was a young kid I really liked music. But guess what? Music doesn't like me. I don't know why but maybe because I was limiting my self, that I cannot play drums. To tell you how I became a drummer I will tell you about the first instrument I learned. My first instrument is probably the most common instrument in the world and that is the guitar. Maybe you won’t believe me if I tell you that in just one day I learned playing a song using the guitar. That day I was just sweeping our dorm’s floor and unexpectedly one friend of mine forgot to keep his guitar when he was done using it. You see, I was very curious about everything that’s why I used to touch things with out asking permission first. So what I did was I took the guitar and tried as best as I can but some how I really couldn’t produce a good sound. So I took my friend’s book and I tried to understand the guitar lessons in it and did my best to understand it. Finally I heard that the sound was becoming better so I continued to practice the basic chords to the point that I forgot what I was really supposed to do which was to sweep the floor and that was it.

No comments: